Chiesa di San Geremia

Founded in the 11th century, rebuilt in the 13th and consecrated in1292. The present plan of the church derives from a design by Carlo Corbellini (1753) and preserves Venetian works of art from the late 1700s: Novelli, Colonna, Mengardi and the notable “ The Virgin Attends the Crowning of Venice by S. Magnus the bishop” by Jacopo Palma the Younger. The facade is modern (1871), probably rebuilt after a fire caused by an Austrian bombardment. The bell tower of red brick with two narrow Roman bifora windows at its base is one of the oldest in the city (it is thought to have been built in the 12th century).

no images were found

Some available hotels near this place