Chiesa di Sant’Eufemia

Sited at the Giudecca. History assures us that the parish church of S. Eufemia, Dorotea, Tecla and Erasma, the martyrs of Aquileia, was built in 865 under the doge Orso Partecipazio. After being restored several times, it reached its present form in the middle of the last century. It must have undergone many consecrations, of which we know nothing except that of 1371, which is recorded on a tablet in the wall near the door. In 1810 the seat of the parish passed from the church of S. Eufemia to that of SS. Redentore, only to be moved back again when the Capucins regained their ancient possessions in 1822.

no images were found

Some available hotels near this place